Here's a quick 3 minute presentation of what we offer and how we can help your business grow.
In a roadmap published in Scala’s website last June 30, 2014, stated their plan for the new Scala version – Scala 2.12.
While Scala 2.10 and Scala 2.11 use previous versions of Java, the distribution for Scala 2.12 will be entirely built and will require Java 8. Therefore, in preparation for the Scala 2.12, the next releases of Scala 2.11.x, “Java 8-style closure compilation: Miguel’s new back-end & optimizer” will be introduced as experimental features. The Scala team is also planning to have an easy cross-building between 2.11 and 2.12 using full backward source compatibility. Version 2.11 and 2.12 compiler and standard library code bases will be aligned closely to achieve a smooth transition to Java 8.
The roadmap also listed the following shared features of Scala 2.11 (under a flag) and 2.12:
- Use of method handles to compile lambdas
- Java 8 interop (bidirectional)
- Miguel’s new back-end & optimizer
- Style checker
- Collections enhancement
- Improvement on documentation
- Continuous improvements on infrastructure such as sbt build, pull request validation & release automation, bug tracker cleanup and automation.
On the fourth quarter of 2014, infrastructure development for 2.12 will start and the development for transition will be on 2015. Below is the schedule which they follow:
2.10.0 | 04/01/2013 | First 2.10.x release
Jaspersoft, a new acquisition of TIBCO Software, is an open source software vendor that concentrates in providing products used for Business Intelligence (BI).
- Combine Big Data with Relational Data – Data from MongoDB, Hadoop or Cassandra can be combined with relational data using Visualize.js.
- Powerful Analytic Functions – provides new built-in analytic calculations and functions.