Here's a quick 3 minute presentation of what we offer and how we can help your business grow.
On September 29, InfoWorld’s Executive Editor Doug Dineley proudly announced this year’s winners of the Best Open Source Software Awards or popularly known as Bossie Awards.
The annual Bossie Awards recognize the outstanding “business-oriented open source software products" currently available in the market. This year’s Bossie Awards has over 120 open source projects winners divided in the following categories: application development tools, datacenter and cloud software, desktop and mobile software, networking and security software, and big data tools. All of which were wisely selected, evaluated and recommended by InfoWorld’s editors and expert contributors. With 42 winners, Application development tools category has the most number of winners among the six.
For three consecutive years, Node.js, PhoneGap and Jenkins have been included in this category. Winners from last year such as Less, Angular.JS, Backbone.js, JQuery, D3, OpenShift, Scala, Ruby, Python were also present this year. Here is the complete list of InfoWorld’s 2014 Best Open Source Application Development Tools which software developers can choose from:
Preview of IntelliJ IDEA 14 – newest version of the “world’s most intelligent Java IDE” is now out. JetBrains, developer of IntelliJ IDEA, announced last September 26 the release of IntelliJ IDEA 14’s preview in their blog site.
In this preview release, you can test and experience all of IntelliJ IDEA 14’s major changes and new features. You can download the preview and get more information at the official preview page.
Improvements and New Features:
Decompiler – includes built-in decompiler for Java classes.
- • Inline Variables View – allows you to view the variables in the Editor.
- • Show Referring Objects – view all objects that have references to the selected object.
- • Lambda Evaluation – improved Evaluate Expression and Watches for evaluation of lambda expression and anonymous classes.
- • Operator Expressions Evaluation – hovering the mouse over the operator allows you to view its value.
Performance – open projects faster and improved IDE responsiveness.
- • Smart Backspace Indent – removes indents and white spaces and follow your code style settings.
- • Parameter Name Folding –use of caret to unfold the value.