PushMon is a free, cloud-based service for monitoring scripts, jobs, apps and batches. We can monitor your database backups, your cron scripts, your background tests, your internet connectivity, your batch jobs, and a lot more. You expect your cron job to finish before 5 AM? We’ll notify you by 5 AM if something is wrong. It only takes a minute to sign up. Check it out at http://www.pushmon.com.
- Changes needed for Firefox 29.
- Bug fix. Auto restart broken when minimize memory is enabled.
- Performance fixes.
- Added configurable memory spike notification. Defaults to 250MB.
- Removed prompt when restarting from File menu.
- Automatic restart delay shortened to 30 secs from 60 secs.
- Internal improvements.
- Fix for high CPU usage on every update (refresh interval).
- Support for Firefox 26+.
- Right clicking on add-on bar no longer restarts.
- Less aggressive Memory Minimize functionality. Only minimize memory when the threshold is reached and it is more than 10 minutes since the last minimize memory. Thanks akromic.
- Added option to automatically minimize memory when threshold is reached. This functionality is the same as clicking the “Minize memory usage” in about:memory.
- Reverted minimum threshold validation, which appears to have prevented Mac users from updating their memory threshold settings.
- Set 250MB as the minimum threshold for auto restart. This lessens the possibility of Firefox from restarting on startup.
- We give Firefox 60 seconds before we automatically restart. This should help during cases where Firefox restarts automatically on startup.
- Added File -> Restart menu option.
- Displays MB instead of Mb. Thanks Areed.
- Reverted back to using Ci.nsIAppStartup.eAttemptQuit.
- Internal fixes.
- Support for Firefox 13.
- Configurable refresh interval.
- Using Ci.nsIAppStartup.eForceQuit instead of Ci.nsIAppStartup.eAttemptQuit. If this causes any issues, please let us know.
- No prompt option.
- Support for Firefox 10.
- Support for Firefox 7.
- Support for Firefox 6.
- Bug fix. Auto restart feature works now.
- Bug fix. Add-on now works properly even if the toolbar button is removed by the user. Thanks TechnoMage for the detailed bug report.
- Added a toolbar button.
- Displays a dialog confirmation before restarting Firefox.
- Users can customize the font color.
- Added the option automatically restart Firefox when memory threshold is met.
** Be careful not to set the memory threshold to a very low number or that might restart Firefox as soon as you open it.
- Supports Firefox 4.
- Users can set the memory threshold. The default is 500Mb.
Memory Restart is an open-source Firefox add-on that allows you to quickly restart Firefox if memory usage is too high. Firefox users can see the memory usage in the add-on bar or the toolbar tool-tip. If memory usage reaches a certain threshold, the add-on bar display and the toolbar icon will turn red.
This add-on uses the same underlying code as about:memory. Memory reported by about:memory is less than the memory you will see consumed by the Firefox when you look at top or task manager.
Toolbar icon courtesy of Ken Saunders.