While troubleshooting an internet connection issue from our office, I searched for a Visual traceroute tool online. I came across a website called YouGetSignal, which does a couple things.
- Checks if a certain port is open given an IP address.
- See the location of a given IP address on Google Maps. You can use MaxMind or Hostip.info as the geolocation information source.
- Does a trace route and displayed in Google Maps.
- See the location of a given phone number.
- Find other websites given a domain or IP address.
- Do a whois lookup.
I usually use a couple of different tools to do all these and they don’t have the nice tabbed interface of YouGetSignal. Check out this website next time you need to do some network testing.